Guardian Cat 2 GPS Epirb (Carry Off)
● 406 MHz Satellite Search and Rescue transmitter. Notifies authorities instantly if you are in a distress situation anywhere in the world.
● 121.5 MHz Homing Beacon transmitter. Allows nearby rescuers to home in on your position.
● Includes Category II manual release bracket. Unit easily slips out of bracket for manual deployment. EPIRB will automatically turn on when it comes
into contact with water.
● Built-in GPS receiver for faster and more accurate position indication. Allows rescuers to pinpoint your exact location.
● Five-year, non-hazmat battery. Unit will operate for at least 48 hours when deployed, even after five years with monthly self-test.
Size (no antenna) 7.0 X 4.2 X 3.6” (17.7 X 10.7 X 9.1 cm)
Weight 20.5 oz (581 g)
Digital Display No
Battery Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium batteries Replacement Replacement due six (6) years from date of manufacture or five (5) years after beacon is placed into service, whichever is first, or after emergency use
Material High impact UV resistant polymer
Deployment Category II-Manual release
Activation Out of bracket and wet, or manually
Waterproof 33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard
Operational Life 48 hours minimum @ -4°F (-20°C) Typical Performance 65 hrs. @ -4°F (-20°C); Longer in higher ambient temperature
Operating Temp. -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C ) (Class 2)
Storage Temp. -30°F to 158°F (-34°C to 70°C)
Approvals Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED, IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards 406Link.com 420 satellite detectable basic self tests